- Visit Brownsville, TN
- Main Street Brownsville
- City of Brownsville Historic Zoning Commission
- West Tennessee Delta Heritage Center
- Geneva Miller Historical Society
- City of Brownsville
- Haywood County Historical Society
Tennessee Preservation Organizations and Collaborative Partners
- Association for the Preservation for Tennessee Antiquities
- Tennessee Main Street Program
- Tennessee Historical Commission
- Tennessee Preservation Trust
- MTSU Center for Historic Preservation
National Preservation Organizations and Collaborative Partners
- The Secretary of the Interior
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- National Main Street Center
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
- American Association for State and Local History
- The Association For Preservation Technology
Historic Building Design and Repair Resources
- How-to Guide for Downtown Building Rehab Rescue and Repair
- The Secretary of Interiors Standards for Preservation, Rehabilitation, Restoration and Reconstruction are common sense historic preservation principles in non-technical language. They promote historic preservation best practices that will help to protect our nation’s irreplaceable cultural resources.
- Preservation Briefs provide guidance on preserving, rehabilitating, and restoring historic buildings. These NPS Publications help historic building owners recognize and resolve common problems prior to work. The briefs are especially useful to Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Program applicants because they recommend methods and approaches for rehabilitating historic buildings that are consistent with their historic character.
- National Park Service Stone Database
- Learn how to identify historic windows.
- Global Fireproof Solutions is a company that offers fireproof and fire retardant paint (intumescent paint) solutions for historic properties. It is not utilized much in Tennessee but has great potential and can often make old buildings safe from the Fire Marshal’s perspective. This company sells the products and performs certified applications and/or provides training. These products can be very useful for multi-story historic structures with wooden flooring and can sometimes be utilized in place of a sprinkler system. You may wish to discuss this product with your local building inspector and Fire Marshal.
- This Old House
- Old House Journal
- Traditional Building
National Register of Historic Places
- The National Register of Historic Places is the Nation’s list of cultural resources considered worthy of preservation. In Tennessee, the staff of the Tennessee Historical Commission administers this program.
- General information about the National Register of Historic Places
- National Register Bulletin series provide guidance on evaluating, documenting and listing different types of historic structures and places.
GIS Mapping of Historic Sites